1.01.2013

2013 Goals



So for 2013 I decided to go ahead and post my year goals for Amy Shutt Photography.  2012 was a great year for me.  I have learned a lot, meet some great people, and produced images I am excited about.  But, there is always more to learn, more people to meet, and more images to produce!  

 This past year I decided to focus primarily on animal/pet portraiture and commercial work and I will continue to do so in 2013.  I think my ultimate challenge this year will be the attempt to incorporate animals in some shape or form into every piece I shoot (except freelance work, of course!). The human/animal relationship has always been of great interest to me and exploring this in my photography work is going to be a huge work in progress hopefully for the rest of my photography career.  With this theme in mind, I have made a master list of 15 on-going personal projects I plan to begin in 2013 and I couldn’t be more excited. I feel dedicating the majority of my time to the endeavors I find most fulfilling will only help me to become the best photographer I can be.   

So, on to my goal list for 2013:

  • Begin working on my 15 personal projects that focus on the animal/human relationship.  Post these as working project galleries on my website http://www.amyshutt.com
  • Save up for two new lenses, one new Speedlight, one new strobe, several new modifiers, and a vagabond mini so I can really work to perfect my lighting techniques.
  • Do more outside ‘lifestyle’ type shoots with pets and owners
  • Continue my rescue and shelter work with CAA Catio, APAWS, YELP! Baton Rouge, and Sula Foundation
  • Continue to teach my classes, workshops, and continue teaching my private mentoring sessions. 
  •  Finish painting and setting up my studio! And when it's done, I’m gonna have a studio party. 
  • Produce print samples and products/album samples for studio and website.
  •  Make a large format  book of my work for studio
  • Book at least 36 pet portrait and commercial clients 
  • Continue freelance work with current magazine and company and reach out to get more freelance work for local publications and beyond.
  •  Submit pet/animal photography for publication online and print.
  • Network, network, network with like minded people, companies,  businesses, and artists!  
Birdie, the Siberian cat, and me at a pet photo session

Thanks for all the support, guys! You made my 2012 a memorable and appreciative learning experience!  :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment